Friday 21 September 2007

Sponsored Haircut, Street Kids in Kathmandu, Graham has Interview with Maurice Boland on the Radio.






Maurice Boland


Graham before.



Graham after.

Friday September 21st

Graham:

Hi, Well after a lot of talk at the bar and on the blog, it was time to act today. Yes! The Sponsored Haircut day, but first a bit about what happened on Maurice Boland’s radio show last night (REM:FM) . I was actually quite nervous being interviewed on air, although it is the second time that I’ve done it. Maurice is a client in my restaurant in Marbella, that’s too say he pops in on his way to the radio station or to a gig. He’s always in a hurry though.

Maurice asked me all about our work raising money to take Street Children off the street And put them in the Buddha Memorial Children’s Home in Kathmandu. He also asked about the Sponsored Haircut I had decide to do and asked how people could make contributions:

All they need to do is come to Graham’s Pizzeria in the Centro Comercial Diana and ask for an envelope. Contributions of 5€ and upwards are welcomed.

Well today I went down to the bar dressed in a tee shirt. I had washed my shoulder length hair and brushed it out, too look as gruesome as possible I had on black shoes and my navy blue suit trousers, but the overall effect was one of scruffiness by design. I had my picture taken looking like that and then went into Pepe’s Hairdressers, which is very professionally run at exactly the prescribed time of 12:30 pm. A beautiful young lady washed and prepared my hair and then Pepe asked my which style I would like. I answered. “You have al the experience and creativity. Please cut it exactly as you think best.” 20min later I'd had my hair styled and donned my dress shirt and suit jacket and turned into a Bryan Ferry look-a-like or so I was told by all my friends and customers, who were waiting at the bar when I came out.

Olivia my partner, June and Dalene are very happy with how I look right now and so am I. The collection has reached 760€. If we can get it up to 1,000€ we’ll be able to sponsor another Street Child for a whole year. Please Help?

>>Click Here! Bar Restaurant for Rent, Sale, Costa del Sol, Spain<<

No comments: