Monday 17 September 2007

Good News from my Godparents, They're Sending me to Learn Kitboarding in Tarifa.


Monday 17th September

Victor:

Hi, My dad called me from the bar to my mobile this morning to say that my godparents in Devon had promised to send me the money for my kiteboarding lessons. This was a great piece of news, as at the moment I am working hard doing my “A” levels and also studying to re-sit one paper as well. Although Saturday night I did have a break and go to a bar in Marbella and a bar in Estepona to meet up with some friends, generally at the moment my life is all work and no play, so this news is just what I needed.

When I get back to the restaurant tonight, I’ll find out how much my present is and then I’ll be able to plan when I’ll be able to start my lessons. I am really happy with this present, as it is exactly what I want. My plan is to pass the practical part of my driving test and then I’ll be able to drive down to Tarifa on the Costa de la Luz to take my lessons. After each lesson I’ll be able to get to know new friends by chatting to other kiteboarding novices in the beach bars around Tarifa.

For those readers who don’t know Tarifa yet, it’s a wonderful old seaport town, which sticks out, on a peninsular into the clear blue water of the Eastern Atlantic Ocean. There are loads of restaurants, fast food places and great bars to meet new friends in. The town is very old and picturesque and visiting it is a must for people of all ages.

To the west of Tarifa there are miles and miles of golden sandy beaches, some with massive sand dunes forming their backdrops. As you move along these beaches you find some are just for bathers, whilst others are mainly used by water sports enthusiasts.

Accommodation: As I am a student I stay in one of the campsites, which are spotlessly clean and have all the necessary facilities, including bar/restaurant (I use the Camping Dos Torres mainly). For those who prefer hotels, which is just about everybody there are hotels to suit all pockets, the top one being the famous Hurricane Hotel, which is adjacent to my favourite campsite strangely enough. Occasionally when my parents are with me we go and sit in their garden bar and enjoy a cocktail amongst the subtropical plants and trees, it’s heavenly.

Oh well! Back to Chemistry revision.

>>Click Here! Bar Restaurant for Rent, Sale, Costa del Sol, Spain<<

No comments: