Thursday 20 September 2007

GCE A/S, A2 exams, Grade Boundaries, Re-Marks and Re-Sits




Thursday 20th September

Victor:

Hi, I went to the bar early this morning and put out the terrace and then my dad took me to school in the jeep. As soon as I arrived the head of upper sch. wanted to see me about a possible remarking of my A/S level Business papers. It’s all about grade boundaries. To get a grade “C” you need a total of 180 points from three exams, I got 171, so I thought that a re-mark might go my way and get me the “C” that I would be happy with. However the cost of having the three papers re-marked is 150€. I called my Dad who by that time was back at the restaurant and he said that 150€ was a rip-off, given that the re-mark could be either higher or lower than the original mark. In the background I could hear him using the coffee machine in the bar, so he must have been balancing the phone on his shoulder, but in the end he said that we should accept the “D” grade and think about paying for a re-sit instead, so you see how complicated all this A/S and A2 stuff is. It’s costing the government fortunes, as there are so many exams (On my course including predicted re-sits I will have to sit about 24 exams in just 2 years.) I have heard that Gordon B wants to drop the A/S, A2 system in favour of returning to the former GCE “A” level system.

Graham:

Hi, I have just had my first direct inquiry about the bar lease for sale. I have already replied to the gentleman who has expressed interest in our restaurant, so it just feels nice that all the work putting the bar up on the Internet has actually started to work for us.

Tonight at 7pm I’ll be on Maurice Boland’s live radio show on REM.FM 104.8 FM. I’ll be plugging my sponsored haircut, the collection will be made by people coming to the bar and donating 5, 10, 20€ etc. The collection is to help Street Children in Nepal. We send money to take them off the streets and put them into boarding schools, where they receive good food, make friends and get a good education, so that they can help their whole family later on once they start work.

If you want to donate, please come to Graham’s Pizzeria, Diana Comercial Centre Km 169, Estepona. (We’re just past the Benahavis turn-off on the N-340). If you want to send a cheque, just email me for details.

Graham.bullock2@gmail.com

(Every cent goes to the Street Children. Nothing is used for administration.)

>>Click Here! Bar Restaurant for Rent, Sale, Costa del Sol, Spain<<

No comments: