Friday 14 September 2007

Mountain Bikes, Kite Boarding Lessons and the Whelping Box.





Friday 14th September

Victor :

Hi, Today’s Friday so no college for 2 days. I have just stopped off at the bar restaurant to inform my Mum that I am going to Frances’s place now to spend the evening with him. Fortunately his Mum is driving us back there. It’s a lovely apt. but to get a place at a good price they had to buy right up in the foothills of the Sierra Bermeja (That’s the mountain range that is the back drop to the Costa del Sol and is responsible for the good weather in Fuengirola, Marbella, San Pedro, Diana and Estepona). Without a lift to my friend’s place, it’s a fair old hike up a steep winding road from the bus stop on the main road and by the time you get there, you are pretty well knackered. Even though I am turned 18 now, I still like to call my Mum at the bar when I arrive there, as she worries if I don’t. I am hoping that my parents will take me to Tarifa for my first Kite Boarding lesson on Sunday. I really hope that they can make it

Graham:

Hi, I picked up a nice cardboard box at Punto-Cash in San Pedro this morning, which I slung in the back of the jeep. Olivia had a lot of shopping to get there and also in Mercadona. On the way back we stopped at the Garage bar for a coffee. I used my folding bedchair for my back and Olivia sat and faced the sun, she never misses a chance to top up her tan. Sami sat on top of me, until I got fed up with her and put her in the shade beneath my chair.

We talked about what we would do next if we sold the lease on our bar restaurant and of course everything would depend on what Victor ends up doing, but Olivia did say that if he wants to get a job in London, once he has his “A” levels, then she’d be happy to live near him in the UK, at least until he became established. I don’t know if she realizes how cold, grey, windy and wet England is a lot of the time.

When I got back to the bar, I borrowed a carving knife and cut down the box to make a whelping box for Sami to have her puppies in. Apparently a cardboard box, filled with shredded news paper, changed regularly, is the most hygienic bed for the purpose and there is very little chance of the puppies suffocating in shredded news paper.

Olivia:

Hi, It was really chucking it down all day yesterday, but I was still pretty busy in the bar. Everyone wanted to come inside to eat at lunchtime, which is unusual, as normally it’s the staff that are in the bar and the customers are outside on the terrace. As people rarely come inside in any numbers, I had allowed both Graham and Victor to keep their expensive mountain bikes inside the restaurant. I got into a bit of a tiswas as I couldn’t put two valuable bikes outside and in trying to move them both into the corner of the bar at the same time, I managed to get them both completely tangled together. If you have ever tried moving 2 bikes in a small space you’ll know exactly what I mean. Bikes are designed to automatically tangle together. What a mess! I had pedals caught up in spokes and brake levers entangled in cables. At least it caused quite a laugh. Although, as soon as Victor arrived home from school, I sent him off to put bike straight in the garage. I suppose bikes are similar to kids in one respect; a lot of people can cope with one, but coping with two at the same time is a whole different ball game.

>>Click Here! Bar Restaurant for Rent, Sale, Costa del Sol, Spain<<

No comments: