Wednesday 5 September 2007

16 yr Old Elena Leaves Us to Go to 6th Form College in England.


Wednesday 5th September.

Graham:

Hi, In August we had Elena working for us in our bar restaurant, as an extra waitress. She’s just 16 and doesn’t come with lots of bar experience, however she lives in the San Pedro, Estepona area and she was punctual, hardworking, reliable and made a real effort to fit-in and be helpful at all times.

For 5 years of my life I worked in an English comp as a teacher. One night in the bar after a typically busy shift, Elena and I were sitting at the same table when she suddenly poured out that she didn’t want to study in Spain anymore and would like to go and do her A levels in England.

The last couple of drinkers had just vacated the two bars that open onto the terrace so Olivia dropped the windows down for the night and came and sat with us. I told Elena that as she was hoping to become a vet, I thought that doing Chem. Bio and Maths at A level would prepare her better to eventually enter a British uni. to study Veterinary Sc.

Elena told me that alas it could only remain a dream, as she had no where to stay in England, so I told her that next time her parents Noa and Chas came to the bar, I would ask them if they would allow me to look for accommodation for her in the UK with one of our regular tourist customers at the bar. In due course I got the go ahead from Noa and Chas and we quickly found a lovely lady in Northwood, and who was only too willing to give Elena a room in her house. A few days later sitting at the same table outside the bar after Elena had met the kind lady who is called Elizabeth, she told me that as Elizabeth had three boys, between 19 and 24, she was worried that she wouldn’t fit in. An obvious disappointment to my partner and I, but as one door closes another one opens and hearing about our plan conceived at the bar, Elena’s grand parents changed their minds and said that they would be able to clear out the spare room for Elena.

Today Elena set off for Herts. She’ll be based with her grandparents and will be attending a highly respected 6th form college.

We are all very Proud of Elena and her Parents taking this courageous step, which all being well will lead to a good career for Elena and to think it was all engineered from our bar restaurant!

>>Click Here! Bar Restaurant for Rent, Sale, Costa del Sol, Spain<<

No comments: