Monday 5 November 2007

Yorkie Pups Are Born.


Sami the Yorkshire Terrier in Her Whelping Box with Her 4 Puppies at Our Home in Estepona.




A Puppy Still Inside Its Birth Sac in the Skillful Hands of Our Bar Restaurant Waitress Eli.


Eli from Our Bar Showing us How its Done.

Monday 5th November

Hi,

Sami our little Yorkshire terrier was expecting her litter to arrive on the 7th, in two days time. This morning she was making a noise alongside my bed, I guess around 6am, so I leant out and picked her up and then put her in bed with me, where she slept until the alarm went off to get me up for the school run and to get Olivia up to start a new week in the bar restaurant.

I made Olivia a coffee and took it into he and at the same time popped Sami into the warm bed. After calling my son Victor to get up for school, I sat up in bed drinking my coffee and then I must have dropped off to sleep whilst Victor was in the shower. When I awoke Sami was having contractions, so I took her from the bed and placed her in the whelping box that we had made especially for her. I told Olivia what was going on and then just as I was about to go out the door to do the school run to Marbella, I checked on Sami again and saw that her waters had broken.

I took Victor to school just stopping briefly at the bar restaurant to pick-up, Kitchen rolls and iodine, that would be needed for the birthing. I’d soon done the run an arrived home again, to find that our waitress from the bar, Eli had arrived at our apt and was tending to Sami. The place they had chosen for the imminent delivery was on my bed of all places.

When I arrived the first sack containing a puppy, was already stating to make it’s way out of her. Somebody in the bar restaurant had told be that small dogs have contractions a very frequent intervals and they were not wrong. Sami was having a contraction about every two to three min. At this point in the proceedings, Eli rushed down to the bar and back, bringing a bunch of new and very small new towels that she had bought a few weeks ago and Olivia had a big bowl of hot water standing by.

It seemed like the first bag of fluid containing Sami first puppy was protruding form her for ages before anything progressed, but then miraculously after about 20-30 min, the bag started to appear revealing more and more of the puppy. It was unbelievable to see each part of this tiny creature emerging perfectly formed in great detail. You could see each fingernail/claw in perfect detail and the weight of the puppy a miniscule 80 grams ----------------

Well all that occurred at around 9:30 this morning and I have been cutting and tying off umbilical chords ever since, the time now is 12:10. The “ecografia” showed 3 puppies according to Lucia our vet. I was thought that I had seen 4 puppies, but as “ecografias” are such tricky things to read, I couldn’t be sure. We’ll as I said it’s now 12:10 and Sami has given birth to four puppies. What a marvellous little dog.

Olivia will not be opening the bar restaurant for lunch as she and Eli are still supervising Sami. I shall go to the bar when it opens to relate the story and that will leave Olivia free to catch up with her work.

My job now is to supervise Sami and make sue that all her pups get fed and don’t get squashed. Later today I’ll take Sami and her pups to the vet in Estepona (Barbara Hoede) to have them all checked over.

More news tomorrow on the Yorkies and what’s been going on socially over the weekend.

Cheers

Graham

>>Click Here! Bar Restaurant for Rent, Sale, Costa del Sol, Spain<<

No comments: