Tuesday 6 November 2007

Olivia Up All Night Feeding the Little Yorkie Pup.


Tuesday 6th November

Hi,

The Smallest Yorkie Pup Being Fed By Eli from our Bar. He weighs In at 45 grams.


Another Shot of Eli from our Bar, a Really Caring Mother. We'd be lost without her compassion and experience.

I have opted out of the school run this morning and grabbed a quick 2 hours between all the chaos that has occurred in this apt since Sami gave birth. I have been To Aldi in Marbella and Carrefour in Estepona to buy vital stock for the bar Restaurant.

I now realise, even as a man that the chances of a healthy baby surviving the early months of postpartum are a lot higher than the chances of an individual in a litter of tiny dogs. The human baby is incredibly strong and rarely refuses food when offered, whilst the puppy is altogether a different matter. The human baby has had about thirty-six weeks to develop, whilst the pup must manage with just a paltry nine weeks.

When the mother offers a baby milk,, it laps it up; OK there’s often a bit of vomiting involved, but the long and the short of it is that the mother 99.9% of the time wants to feed her baby and likewise the baby wants to eat. If either side refuses to uphold its side of the bargain, there’s a professional waiting in the wings to help out or in extreme cases even jump in and take over from the mother.

Not so in the world of dogs. All the reading I have Done on the Internet, has not equipped me for what I have experienced and what “I” have had to overcome during both the birth and the postpartum caring of these four tiny Yorkies 45-80 grams each The average new born baby weighing in at 4kg is 50 times bigger than a Yorkie pup.

I am going to cut short my story of the entire trauma involved in delivering a litter of tiny Yorkshires or for that matter any other small breed, because I feel that my account would become depressing. What I propose to do is to water down the problems that we have had so far, at least for today, but focus overall on the positive outcome.

For a start we have a health Sami and that is the most important factor in the case, that the mother comes through it unscaved. We also have four gorgeous puppies although one at only 45 grams is having to be fed just 5ml of baby milk every 2 hours, around the clock. This has meant that Olivia has been up all night and has gone to work at the bar restaurant, feeling dead. Throughout the day, Eli has to leave the bar to come to the apt and feed the little pup. I have tried to get her to take milk from me but she just won’t. I’ve tried both the syringe and the rubber glove with a hole pierced in it, but he seems only to want to take his milk from a woman-------------

--------------I was forced to stop writing just now, as I could hear the very high pitched screaming of one of the puppies. A quick inspection revealed Sami carting the puppy around in her mouth, presumably trying to find a more favourable place to relocate her litter to. Remedios, a good customer in the bar restaurant and also a good friend, lent us a wire cage to put over the whelping box. I read on the Internet from a very experienced breeder, that she always puts such a cage over her dam and litter, as apparently it is very normal for the dam to “cart” puppies all-round the house.

As Sami is displaying so much energy, I am going to take her for a walk. I shall pop in at our Bar restaurant in order to show off Sami the proud mum to the customers. Needless to say the main topic in the bar was Sami and her puppies yesterday.

The adorable Eli has just come up from our bar restaurant to feed the little one, so I have included two lovely picks of Eli from our bar, feeding the pup with a syringe.

Cheers

Graham

>>Click Here! Bar Restaurant for Rent, Sale, Costa del Sol, Spain<<

(If you are looking for a really brilliant architect who is bi-lingual and will convert your house or build you a new one, together with all the correct legal papers; please email me through my website for more details).

Town house in Urb. Monte, Marbella. Needs doing up. Quick sale sought. Going Cheap

No comments: