Thursday 15 November 2007

Google Page Ranking.


Thursday 15th November


Dear Reader,

This morning I went to Marbella, to see the people who maintain my website and keep it high up in the Google page rankings. The guy who looks after my website is called Dougie and our meetings generally consist of him demonstrating things to me on his PC at such a speed and with such dexterity, whilst using loads of specialized language that I come away having learned absolutely nothing from him at all, except perhaps that I am a complete Duffer. However today was a revelation. He asked me to make a list of every possible phrase that I though prospective clients might type into a search engine whilst looking for a bar for sale, lease or rent on the Costa del Sol.

Here is the list I wrote, which I don’t suppose you will want to waste time reading:

Bar restaurant for sale on the Costa del Sol. Bar to rent in Estepona. Bar to rent in San Pedro. Bar Restaurant to lease in Marbella, Bar Restaurant to lease in Estepona, Bar Restaurant to lease in San Pedro. English bar for sale in Spain, English bar for sale Costa del Sol, English bar for sale Estepona, English bar for sale in Puerto Banus. Lease a business in Spain. Businesses for lease in Andalusia. Bar for sale in Andalucia. Restaurant for sale in Andalusia. Take Away Food business for sale. Take Away Food business for lease.

The point I am making is that I surprised myself by thinking up quite a lot of different phrases that a person looking to buy a business here on the Costa del Sol might themselves type into Google. I was silently congratulating myself on my creativity until Dougie invited me to look at the list of such phrases he had come up with in the same time.

My feeling of elation was short lived, as I looked at Dougie’s monitor. There was a whole page of word full of “Relevant search terms.” I think Dougie called them in his Future Speak. I had been thrashed by the younger guy with the razor sharp mind and then my gaze fell upon the footer of the word doc, where I read the information:

Page 1 of 4.

I hadn’t merely been thrashed; I’d been annihilated.

I excused myself, saying that I was late for a meeting with my builder, Claudio who is going to start a list of small improvements on our apt which was built about 20 years ago. We are really lucky to have Claudio’s services at our disposal, as he only came over from Chile for a holiday and to spend some time with his daughter. Like any working class person from a third World country, he needs to return home with some money in his pocket, to make up for the income he has lost due to being on “holiday”.

I went over a list of proposed improvements with him this morning and asked him to break his estimated price down into categories. We have a set budget and if his price runs over that it will be simple to cut out one or two parts of the project. I won’t go into great detail, but basically here is what he is going to do in our apartment:

  • Put more sockets in every room.
  • Install all new light fittings.
  • Take out the ventilated bricks from the windows in the washing room (Lavadero) and put in glass windows.
  • Remove the door between the Lavadero and the kitchen.
  • Fit one new kitchen unit.
  • Retile Kitchen and bathroom floors.
  • Repair the steel doors on the roof terraces.
  • Fit modern taps.
  • Put an Internet connection in each room.

Dios mio! I think we’d better start selling off the furniture to pay for all this.

Cheers

Graham

>>Click Here! Bar Restaurant for Rent, Sale, Costa del Sol, Spain<<

(If you are looking for a really brilliant architect who is bi-lingual and will convert your house or build you a new one, together with all the correct legal papers; please email me through my website for more details).

Town house in Urb. Monte, Marbella. Needs doing up. Quick sale sought. Going Cheap

No comments: