Monday 12 November 2007

Manic Monday!




Monday 12th November

Hi


Poki 2kg: The proud father of the litter of 4. Poki often brings
his handler, Solida to our bar restaurant for a
Pizza or a Kefta.

Several clients in my bar restaurant run their own blogs and I often hear the comment “Some days I just can’t think of anything to write about.” We’ll the answer is; get a Yorkshire terrier because then I guarantee you will never have a boring day when you lack the inspiration to write something.

During the night Sami came and slept on my bed from about 6am. She must be getting really fed up with four puppies frantically chewing at her teats. Around waking up time, when I take a coffee in to Olivia,

we started to notice that Sami was not wanting to climb into the whelping box to feed the pups, also she had started digging a little earth from some of the indoor plan pots. We chatted about her behaviour and decided that she was a little bored or perhaps getting a little lazy about the job of tending to her litter and needed to play.

Sami (3.1 kg): One week ago gave birth to 4 lovely puppies,
sired by a gorgeous 2kg Yorkie called Poki. They met in
our bar restaurant.

We were going out to Marbella, Puerto Banus and San Pedro and normally we would take Sami with us, to give her a well-earned break from suckling her young, but as she had obviously neglected to feed them, we had to leave her to hopefully do that job whilst we were out buying stock for the bar restaurant.

Olivia and I went to the bar restaurant this morning at about 10am to fire-up the main appliances: coffee machine, pizza oven etc and then we drove into Marbella, stopping off momentarily at Puerto Banus to collect a dress that Olivia had ordered, we then went on to Marbella, where I spent a pleasant hour breakfasting and doing sudoku puzzles on their wonderful bar terrace, which is situated right on the edge of Marbella ‘s main park. Olivia in the meantime was doing a course nearby.

When Olivia came to meet me at the Cafe del Marbella she ordered herself a café con leche and we chatted about what Sami might be getting up to being home alone. We both agreed that her activities were likely to involve soil, water and digging. After I had dropped Olivia back at the bar restaurant in Estepona, I went up to the apt and as I opened the door, there right behind it was tiny, little Sami eagerly waiting to show me how creative shed been during our absence. I was not disappointed; the whole kitchen floor and half of the lounge floor, the biggest sofa and the whelping box, were all covered with that lovely black soil that you buy for your prize plants. She had basically attacked two large potted plants and she was FILTHFY.

As I didn’t know where to start, I just started with the main suspect, Sami. I half filled the kitchen sink with soapy water and plunged her knee deep into it and it immediately turned jet black. This was obviously some weird super-vitiminized, super mineralized, super-nutritional and most of all, super-carbon enriched soil. Yes! You’ve got it! The type that once on your clothes, sofa, simply doesn’t come-off.

I called Olivia in the bar restaurant, making sure to play down the horror of what this soft little 3.1 kg Yorkie had achieved, all on her own without any power tools, shovels or petrol driven strimmers. Olivia was really busy in the bar, but she just told me; “Don’t use any water, until you have swept and vacuumed as much of the Killer soil as you possibly can. You haven’t wet Sami yet have you?”

“Um, No.” I lied, like a real man.

I decided to remove the two big plants from the lounge and give them an indefinite holiday on the landing, outside the front door. This would prevent further terrorist insurgency.

One of the plants was a rubber tree, which was too heavy to lift, so I pushed the flowerpot along with my feet, in surges, whilst I supported the stem with my hands. I was doing rather well I thought and was half way towards the front door when a friend called me from the bar. I had to leave the heavy plant pot with the rubber tree plant precariously leaning against a chair. I kept the call as short as I could and said that I wouldn’t be able to make it down to the bar due to compromising circumstances. As soon as I’d finished and as the words left my mouth, there was an horrific cracking sound, as this splendid 2 metre tall plant snapped-off about 30cm from its roots.

I now have two large plants outside the front door, making our door look like the entrance to the Frances Hodgson-Burnett’s Secret Garden.

Eli from the bar has just been sent up by Olivia to clean what I have already cleaned. Olivia regards men cleaning in the same vein that many men would regard women driving articulated lorries.

Now I ask the reader to stop and imagine the scene for a moment: mud everywhere, a soaking wet Yorkie, large plants obscuring the front door, the entire floor sodden with Eli’s over enthusiastic mopping and if you have that image clearly in your mind, all you have to do now is add to that the following elements: The phone rings, it’s Olivia calling from the bar restaurant. “The air-conditioning men are on their way up to take the compressor form the “lavadera” and mount it on the roof and also the satellite TV guys are coming up to remove two satellite systems”.

I’m leaving them all here and going for a long walk followed by a long slow beer in the bar. Yes that’s it, I’m doing a runner!

“Just Another Manic Monday”

Cheers

Graham

>>Click Here! Bar Restaurant for Rent, Sale, Costa del Sol, Spain<<

(If you are looking for a really brilliant architect who is bi-lingual and will convert your house or build you a new one, together with all the correct legal papers; please email me through my website for more details).

Town house in Urb. Monte, Marbella. Needs doing up. Quick sale sought. Going Cheap





Cheers

Graham

>>Click Here! Bar Restaurant for Rent, Sale, Costa del Sol, Spain<<

(If you are looking for a really brilliant architect who is bi-lingual and will convert your house or build you a new one, together with all the correct legal papers; please email me through my website for more details).

Town house in Urb. Monte, Marbella. Needs doing up. Quick sale sought. Going Cheap


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very nice post! Not much going on this Sunday, except my teaching of 3 year old Sunday school, FUN! My Monday post is up, please come and visit!

DEB