Wednesday 7 November 2007

Two Hours Away from the Bar Restaurant and the Puppies!

Wednesday 7th November

Hi,


Bar El Mastren San Pedro.


Well after 48 hectic hours delivering and looking after tiny little Yorkshire puppies I decided to check in at the bar on my way to Victor’s school in Marbella, all I had to do officially after that, was to buy some pizza Boxes in San Pedro. That being done, I called Olivia who was taking a morning off from her bar restaurant routine, to tidy up the apt and let her know that I was in no rush to get back to the bar or to the apt and the puppies. Olivia as always was understanding and suggested that I take my time in San Pedro, have a nice breakfast and then enjoy a nice walk.

San Pedro Church Square.

I had my breakfast in my favourite bar” El Mastren”, which is on the old Ronda road, behind the church. The first bar on the left by the roundabout is “Picasso” and then if you walk a little bit further up the Ronda road, the next bar you come to on the left hand side is “Bar El Mastren.”

This morning I went for a “CafĂ© con Leche, bien caliente, con huevos y baicon.” (Eggs and Bacon). My disabled space was available so no problem with parking and I didn’t have to carry my bedchair too far, but there was a cold wind blowing, so ordering eggs and bacon was perhaps a bit daft. Within seconds the meal was freezing cold. I did manage to eat it but not without comparing the experience to all those occasions in my distant childhood when I had been served up similar fare at a Boy Scout camp. I didn’t really mind too much as I was relaxing away from the bar restaurant and the puppies and after all I was in my favourite bar.


The Fountain in San Pedro Square.

Paqui who does the washing up, coffees and the bills, asked me how the dogs were doing and when I pulled out my digital camera and let her see the tiny 50 gram pup being fed with a syringe, she was really pleased and basically stopped the whole bar so that all the staff could have a look.


Beautifully Kept Orange Trees San Pedro.

I spent an hour or so on the bar terrace doing Sudoku puzzles and then went for a lovely walk around the San Pedro Church square, taking pics of the fountain, the square itself.

It was a wonderfully relaxing way to spend a morning and when I got home Olivia was happy because she’d had time to straighten out the house after the birth of the pups.

San Pedro Church. Built 250 years ago by Marques del Duero.

Victor’s head of 6th form has just called me from Marbella, to say that my son isn’t working anywhere near as effectively as he could be. We talked about the problem in depth, so now I have to try to motivate him to really get involved in his school in the 7 months that he has left, before he sits his A2 exams.

Any suggestions please?

Cheers

Graham

>>Click Here! Bar Restaurant for Rent, Sale, Costa del Sol, Spain<<

(If you are looking for a really brilliant architect who is bi-lingual and will convert your house or build you a new one, together with all the correct legal papers; please email me through my website for more details).

Town house in Urb. Monte, Marbella. Needs doing up. Quick sale sought. Going Cheap

No comments: