Tuesday 2 October 2007

Nowhere for 6th formers to Work in Peace and Quiet.





Tuesday 2nd October

Victor:

Hi, Life is quiet with mum away, but although the bar is shut for a couple of weeks, so we can’t pop in there to spend a little time with mum and meet our friends, we have settled down to a relaxing routine. Admittedly each morning we do have to bump-start the jeep till Klause gets the alternator repaired and reinstalled. Apart from that things are going smoothly. Well perhaps not quite, last night I awoke in the middle of the night and remembered that I had neglected to do a part of my A level Maths homework, so as I couldn’t sleep with that playing on my mind, I got up and spent about an hour getting it done.

My dad thinks I should be able to complete more of my H/W at school in my free periods, but I explained to him that the 6th form common room was just too noisy to work in and the library is often locked. Anyway, on a brighter note, most nights after school my dad collects me and we go into San Pedro, Estepona or Marbella and have a nice ice cream or go to Bar Ricardo or Bar El Mastren, where they still serve traditional Spanish tapas.

We use this time to relax and talk about my course and explore possible directions that I might take in the future.

Graham,

Hi, I have checked the bar and all the appliances have power, so that’s good. When I was there the caretaker told me that he had stored a table that I had left outside. I had indeed left a table outside the bar with about 100 copies of the Sur in English and the Town Crier on for passing people to help themselves to and of course I’d forgotten about it and left it outside the bar all night.

Today I called the school to speak to the head teacher. I got through to her secretary, who asked me to tell her what my problem was. I did give her a quick run down on how there were not proper facilities available for 6th formers to work in peace and quiet and she said that she would get the head to call me back. I am still waiting patiently.

It’s 12:21pm so Olivia will still be sleeping in her hotel room in the Dominican Republic. Olivia called me last night and said that she was with friends in a salsa bar, so I don’t imagine that she will get up quite as early as usual today. Would you?



>>Click Here! Bar Restaurant for Rent, Sale, Costa del Sol, Spain<<

No comments: