Friday 5 October 2007

Ildefonso Perez (Engineer) Meets our Friend Russell to Talk About Their Building Project in Algarrobo.


Algarrobo, just 60 min from the Marbella and the Costa del sol.



Algarrobo a lot quieter than Estepona, Marbella but still in Andalusia.

Friday 5th October

Graham:

Hi, I have had a week with Olivia away in the Dominican Republic And with Victor out at school all day, I have had plenty of time on my hands. Most mornings after I have checked the bar restaurant, I do some cleaning in the apt. We have a good cleaner, Nancy who comes from Ecuador, but she only cleans what she can see, so both in the bar and the apt I have been dragging big cupboards out and cleaning behind them. I also have been getting on a chair to clean the top of the fridge freezer etc.

Another thing I have been doing is thinking about how hard my wife works, running the bar restaurant without my help. When she returns, I am going to take her out to a nice restaurant in Puerto Banus; it’s the most up market spot on the Costa del Sol. I am going to talk to Olivia about selling the lease on the bar restaurant. In fact I have been playing around writing a few adverts. So far I have come up with:

I want to advertise the bar restaurant for sale in Spain and then think about accompanying Olivia to see her family in Chile.

We have great friends whom are also godparents to our only child Victor and they are rather stuck with a building project they have invested in in Algarroba, near Tore del Mar, but I think that I have found them just the man who will be able to get their building project moving fast. His name is Ildefonso Perez and he is Spanish. Ildefonso is highly qualified, speaks good English and has already completed some large construction projects, which he has managed from start to finish. He is a VERY valuable contact to have.

We met Ildefonso through our bar restaurant about 4 years ago. We needed to completely modernize our local to comply with the Health and Safety regs. here in Andalusia. We searched for quite a while for a Commercial Engineer before we were recommended to use Ildefonso. He was quite a find.

He took on our bar restaurant project, which was tiny considering how highly qualified he was and he put himself into the project 100%, fighting his way through the red tape of Marbella town hall and negotiating the best deal form all the sub-contractors.

I did all the technical drawings, 13 of them in all and he helped me all the way as the drawing standards in Andalusia are different from those I was used to in Northern Europe.

Ildefonso quickly got to know all the right people in the town halls at Estepona, San Pedro, Puerto Banus and Marbella and was able to get documents issued and passed very quickly, when you consider how slowly things move here in Andalusia.

Anyway I am very please that Russell and Ildefonso will meet tomorrow in a quite bar to talk over the building project.



>>Click Here! Bar Restaurant for Rent, Sale, Costa del Sol, Spain<<

No comments: