Wednesday 17 October 2007

Benylin! Great for Aleviating Coughs, but too much can Cause Embarrassing problems.



Toooo much Benyyliin!

Wednesday 17th October

Graham

Hi,

Victor didn’t go to 6th form college in Marbella yesterday, as he was coughing badly. Olivia bought him a bottle of Benylin on her way to the bar restaurant and he stayed at home, sleeping mainly. He woke up around midday and finally found crawler gear and started to do some schoolwork. Early evening-ish, he went to the bar and ate there with some of the regular customers. We finished off the evening by watching an American DVD rented from Estepona, which was so boring that we both gave up on it.

Benylin is fantastic for quietening down the cough response. It’s a strong sedative and it works by sedating the muscles that cause you to cough. It’s dead important to follow the correct dosage instructions. I remember once when I was working as an automotive clay-modeller; I had a bad cough and got up in the middle of the night and took some Benylin, which I slugged straight out of the bottle, as I couldn’t be bothered to go and find a spoon and I didn’t want to awaken Victor or Olivia at that hour. The result was that when I got to work I behaved like a drunkard who had tried a shot of everything on the top shelf of the bar. I wasn’t abusive or anything alike that, but I had little sense of balance, kept staggering around and felt very sleepy all day. It was a miserable day, being mocked by my mates for having overdone it in the bar, when in fact I had merely taken too bigger dose of Benylin.

I take Victor to school each day, not because he asks me to or expects to be given a lift, but because I tend to wake up early and I enjoy chatting with him about anything that comes up and I also enjoy being out and about first thing in the morning. The roads are heavy with traffic at 8:30am and there are no shortage of aggressive drivers around; you know the sort of people who simply hate letting you out of a side road or love to block junctions, with absolutely no respect for other road users. Whenever I go on about this aspect of driving in my bar, my British customers are dead quick to remind me that the Costa del Sol is a paradise compared to driving in Britain in the rush hour.

There is all most no road rage here. Drivers don’t get out of their cars and want to fight you. Instead you are more likely to get a vicious flash of headlamps in your rear view mirror or a persistent sounding of the horn. All this is normally simple to placate by raising an apologetic hand accompanied by a smile, although you may well be thinking something rather much more derogative about the angry motorist you are having to deal with.

When Victor had finished eating in the bar restaurant, he called me to come down, as there were quiet a few people there from various places along the Costa del Sol (Estepona, Marbella, Fuengirola and Torremolinos.) so I went down and joined the group who had just met up in our bar by coincidence and spent an hour or so in pleasant company, before going home with Victor to watch the film. As I mentioned before; the film was a non-starter, but there were some good programs on sky, so we still had a good evening. We watched Dog Borstal and Britain’s Biggest Storm and finished off with Singing with the Enemy. As you may have gathered by now; you can receive Sky TV loud and clear in Andalusia.

>>Click Here! Bar Restaurant for Rent, Sale, Costa del Sol, Spain<<

No comments: