Wednesday 24 October 2007

Unsolicited Advice from the Bar.




Wednesday 24th October

The trials and tribulations of buying a bar in Spain. We are really happy with our bar on the Costa del Sol, but from time to time when vital bar equipment breaks down you can find yourself undergoing some real stress.

Hi, This morning I was called by Olivia to our bar restaurant to deal with an emergency problem with the deep/fryer. The heating element would not switch/off, so the oil was overheating and smoking out the bar. The only way Olivia could stop this was by pulling the plug out of its wall socket.

As soon as I got to the bar, I turned the thermostat off and on, listening for the tiny click that one should hear as it turns on and off. It was immediately obvious that there was no click, so I knew that the thermostat was not working. Fortunately the problem was quickly remedied by slightly undoing the two screws, which secured the thermostat in place. Every single action was carefully watched and useful comments were given on how the job should be done by several regulars who were sitting at the two bars that face into the restaurant kitchen. Needless to say non of my well meaning advisories knew the slightest thing about the job I had been landed with and it would have been quite annoying had I not have found the problem quickly and left myself feeling very contented that the deep/fryer was now back in service. Olivia and I had been worried that we may have had to order replacement parts and be stuck without the machine for several days, but fortunately due to a bit of very good luck we can bash out English sausages and of course chips without any break in service.

Once Id fixed the thing, I went and sat at the bar and had a good laugh about it all with the advisory panel who had been So helpful.

Cheers

Graham

>>Click Here! Bar Restaurant for Rent, Sale, Costa del Sol, Spain<<

No comments: