Monday 6 August 2007

Victor in Paris Alone, Fit of Panic and Depression.







Monday 6th August

Olivia:

Hi,

Victor my only child as you already know is away in Paris for TWO weeks on his OWN! Thursday I was panicking all day. I’m just simply not used to being separated from him. Friday morning I had breakfast with Graham in a bar in Cancelada, just 1km west of our own bar/restaurant and I have to admit I was horrible company. I told Graham that the whole idea of sending Victor to Paris on his own was a big mistake and that I thought he would be very lonely and feel very lost and of course I made sure to BLAME Graham for all this. Most of this negativity came from my video chat with Victor the night before and from the act that I am a woman and like most women, I am in the short term totally ruled y my emotions. Graham explained in a typically male rational way, that I had talked to Victor at midnight and that Saman had had to wake him up from a deep sleep to come to the computer and talk with me. Of course he seemed dull, distant and lacking in any semblance of excitement about his Parisian sojourn.

Last night Graham talked to him, this time by old-fashioned telephone. Victor told him that the day he’d talked with me, he had walked miles and miles al over Pairs and eventually got lost and then walked miles and miles again to get to the right place to get a bus to Courbevoire, consequently by the time he’d arrived back at his accommodation, he was dead on his feet. He had a quick meal and then went to bed with aches and pains in every part of his body, fallen into the deepest of sleeps and then he’d been woken up and dragged to the Skype system to talk to me, of course he sounded negative and down. We mothers with the best intentions in the world and wanting only to help and protect our children can at times be the most selfish and stupid breed on the planet.

Last night when I got home graham downloaded the product of his chat with Victor a few hours earlier. He’d had a great day out in Paris and was ecstatically happy with his holiday on his OWN.

What a difference a day makes. I feel a complete fool, all that negativity, giving Graham a hard time, feeling depressed for a day, all pointlessly. I wonder what it would be like to change places with Graham and be a man for a while, you know see everything rationally and sensibly. Except when it comes to buying a car for the family. A while ago he wanted to buy an Audi TT, great for doing a big shop and taking Victor and his friends to the Salsa bar. Not!

Spain for a Great Quality of Life! www.26intgheshade.com

No comments: