Thursday 16 August 2007

A Level Results Are Out Today!


Wednesday 16th August

Olivia:

Hi,

I am so happy; I can’t describe how I feel inside. My son Victor after being away on his own in Paris for 16 days is coming home tonight. My sister will collect him from the airport and I am expecting them at the bar at about 10:30pm and as if that wasn’t enough in itself, he received his A/S level (Advanced Subsidiary) results as well today. I don’t think he will mind me telling you that he did very well, considering the difficulty of the subjects he has chosen, so without any further ado:

Maths: Paper-1 grade “B”, Paper-11 grade “B”, Paper-111 grade “B”.

Physics: Paper-1 grade “C”, Paper-11 grade “C”, Paper-111 grade “C”,

Chemistry: Paper-1 grade “C”, Paper-11 grade “E”, Paper-111 grade “C”,

(He also passed Business, but will not be continuing it.)

So all in all, that means he has passed the first year in the three main “A/S” levels he needs to go to university next year. He just has the one re-sit to do in Chemistry. Both Graham and I are very proud of him.

Graham:

Hi,

I have made a few phone calls to people with experience of both the A/S,A2 system and of university entrance procedures and they have all indicated that Victor’s grades are very respectable, when one considers that he is doing 3 particularly tough subjects, so with just the 1 re-sit he is looking in great shape for his second year leading to A2.

The sick jeep: I parked it on a hill last night and managed to get it started at 7am this morning. Chas had very kindly offered to accompany me to “Algediesel” in Algeciras. He met me outside our bar dead on time. We arrived there in good time, explained to the chief mechanic that the car was refusing to start etc and then headed off to get some breakfast. We stopped at a motorway service station which had a bar and had breakfasts alongside crowds of Moroccains who were travelling in heavily loaded vehicles, going back to Morocco for a month to be with their families. Most of these people work in factories in northern Europe and only see their extended families once a year. Their life is a far cry from the luxurious one that we lead.

No comments: