Wednesday 1 August 2007

Panic, panic, panic, Victor's going to Paris.



Wednesday 1st August

Olivia:

Hi,

Oh my god! I have just arrived in my bar and Panic, panic and more panic. Months ago I agreed to Graham’s suggestion that we sent Victor to Paris for two weeks in August, to help him learn the language and to allow him to gain some life experience. Now I can only see everything black all the time I have visions of terrible things happening to him. All my friends in the bar say that I am just being hysterical and need to settle down.

At times it’s a terrible dilemma being a mother. I have just the one child after loosing a second, a little girl who we lost at just 12 weeks. I love my son so much and want him near me all the time, but deep down I know and Graham also keeps telling me that Victor needs to learn to become more independent. It is all absolutely true, Victor has done really well academically, but that will count for nothing unless he can build up some self-confidence, he’s done well helping out in the bar but, what better way to do that than go out on his OWN and get some life experience. He is going to learn to drive this summer, so that will give him a big lift and tonight he is flying on his own to Paris. Oh! My god I am starting to panic again. There are tons of horrible criminals who head for Paris in August, just to rip off, rob and con unsuspecting young people, but I must shut all that out of my mind and do as Graham is always saying, think only of the positive. “There is no point in looking for and dwelling on the negative.” That’s what Graham says.

So he flies directly to Paris Charles de Gaulle from Malaga and will be met by Saman at about 00:30h. Saman will then drive him to his apartment in Courbevoire. Saman is a good friend of Graham. He is a retired Maths teacher and although he is pretty busy, he will take Vincent around on his first day, show him the main bus and metro connexions and he may even spend a little time in the evenings, teaching Victors some 1st year university level Maths.

I know that Victor will have a fantastic time in Paris, there’s so much to do and so much to see and more than anything, I hope that he meets a few new friends of his own age and you no what; I have to be in my bar here, As it’s my busiest time of year, but I wish I was going to Paris, I went there a few times when Graham was working for Citroen and I really. Really loved it!

No comments: