Friday 10 August 2007

Shave Off my Locks to Help Street Children in Nepal?


Friday 10th August

Olivia:

Hi,

Victor called me at the bar yesterday from Paris and we had a quick chat. He’s happy there! He goes out every day exploring new places, well actually they are usually very old places, but you know what I mean. I was busy in the bar, in the middle of a pizza order when he called, so I had to pass the order over to Eli, so I could have a proper chat with my son. I miss him so much, although I have to recognise that I moan at him a lot when he’s here, I must make a mental note to moan less, anyway after he called I was so much more relaxed than I had been and so happy.

We had a really difficult lady to deal with in the bar last night. We were really busy and I misread her order, she was sitting with a man and a child and they had ordered three pizzas, but under pressure I had miss read the order and made just two. The lady complained to the waitress who came and told me about the mistake. The next thing I hear is the lady really throwing a wobbler, she was shouting at Eli loud enough for the whole bar to hear. Comments like. “You make me wait on purpose because you don’t like me.” And you are a racist because I’ South American and no’ Spanish.” Well there is a simple rule in any retailing business, that says that no employee has to accept personal abuse. I tell my girls to accept the first comment, but reply by saying.” Sir/Madam you are being personal and I must warn you that if you do not control your comments, you will be asked to pay your bill and leave.” That is exactly what Eli told her and in fact she did pay the bill and leave saying that she would not be coming back. I really hope that is true. As soon as she left, I went to the far end of the bar grabbed a bottle of champagne, stuck Sophie Ellis-Bextor on at full whack and invited all the girls to have a glass of Champers and we all had a good laugh about the silliness of the lady. Often customers who throw a wobbler in the bar come back a few days later and apologize asking if they will still be allowed to patronize the bar.

Graham:

Hi,

The cycling is improving and I have fewer problems with my back because of it. Yesterday I went out on my old GT Avalanche (No suspension and 15 years old.), after fitting special bar ends and pumping up the deflated tyres, also I spent about an hour adjusting the Derailleur gears. The bike has 24 gears, so perfect adjustment is absolutely necessary. The other bike a, full suspension Marin Mount Vision, which cost 1,500 GBP I find less enjoyable to ride on the road than the old rigid GT. Today I made a big decision took the Marin to the “Trastero” storeroom.

I am not doing the category three climb to Benahavis at the moment, I prefer the easier first stretch of the climb, which is a gentle rise. The beginning of the climb starts with a roundabout, just off the N-340 coast road. I ride about three km to the second roundabout and then come back and do another loop. When I return to the bar, I have a marvelous “Café Con Leche” and then go and throw myself in the pool to gradually soak away all the pain from the cycling.

As you know the “Friend’s of Graham’s Pizzeria Bar”, collect money to keep a 13-year-old girl in boarding school in Nepal. We pay for her to live and study in the Buddha Memorial Children’s Home. A very nice customer called May as part of the fund raiser has suggested that she could perhaps get a group of her friends together to sponsor me to cut off my shoulder length hair. The proceeds would go to Deepana in Nepal.

I am thinking about the proposition seriously.

No comments: