Tuesday 21 August 2007




Tuesday 21st August

Graham:

Hi, The sponsored haircut is growing slowly in momentum with 200€ already pledged. Victor and I spent hours working on the computer together on Sunday to produce the wicked poster and flyer pictured above. Both of these documents are now in our bar. We have the sponsored hair cut posters up in four prominent locations: two outside just above the bars one on the outside door from the kitchen to the terrace and one of course on the toilet door. We only have one toilet in the bar restaurant because we have less than 100m2 inside area. We have instead by law to provide a unisex/invalid toilet.

Inside the bar near where the ladies work we have two piles of flyers, one in Spanish and One in English. When folk ask for further info about my sponsored hair cut or about Deepana the 13-year-old girl we are sponsoring in Nepal, they get given an info flyer plus an envelope to place their contribution in.

I will keep you informed as to how the scheme works out.

Yesterday after a few days down with a dickey stomach, I tentatively ventured out on my bike. I was thus inspired as a new cycling shirt has had arrived in the post, a real professionals cycling jersey. It was very hard to turn the pedals round after a 4 or 5 day lay-off, especially as the temperature was up around 100F and the heat coming up from the road was just incredible. I made sure to only do a 5km flat course, which I managed OK. As soon as I got back, I headed straight for the pool and floated around in absolute heaven.

No comments: