Thursday 23 August 2007

Bar Lease For Sale-Sponsored Haircur-Maurice Boland.

Thursday 23rd August

Olivia:

Hi,

It’s really busy in the bar restaurant at the moment and it’s a time of year that I love, as I get to see people who I haven’t seen at the bar since last summer. There’s on guy for instance who loves our bar and keeps asking if our bar is for sale, he’s even offered to buy the lease of the bar from us and I am very tempted. The problem is that I have to find someone to lease the bar, who would be suitable. A bar restaurant requires a lot of planning if it is to run well and the quality of the bar snacks and the pizzas etc is very important if my bar which has been going strong for 20 years is to carry on running successfully.

Our bar restaurant is valued at about 120,000 Euros lease hold and in the wrong hands this value could diminish overnight. Of course it’s also true to say that the value or the bar and the lease could increase considerably in the hands of the right people. Since Graham had to leave the business following his back op. the bar side of the business has shrunk. I have offset that effect by working really hard on the fast food side of the business, but there is a limit to what I can achieve without a partner helping me run the bar side of things.

Graham:

Hi,

The sponsored haircut is definitely on now and I already have a few hundred Euros pledge for Deepana in Nepal through my bar. Today however, I decided to begin networking the charity collection. There is a bar near us in the Diana Centre called the Windmill and I had heard that they were into helping charities. Victor and myself spent the morning printing out a publicity/promo/info kit to give them and then I phoned Chas and asked him if he’d do me a favour and give me an intro to Bob and Sarah, the lease holders of the Windmill. I new that they also worked with second hand English books for charity, so Victor and I packed two boxes of second hand books from our flat and took them to give to Bob. We met up with Chas at Bob’s bar and Chas introduced us to Bob and Sarah. They were very interested in the idea of raising money to send street kids in Nepal to boarding school and in fact they went around their bar and started to collect donations straight away.

This evening I popped into our bar and June the lady who started the sponsored haircut off, was there with Tony Reddin, a famous entertainer/ agent who brings a lot of good acts to the Costa del Sol. Tony slapped 50€ in the collection and then phoned Maurice Boland, who wants to talk with me Monday morning to discuss me appearing on his radio show on REM.FM. The plan is I will talk about street children in Nepal and try to get people to bring donations into my bar or to the Windmill bar. If can find a person to sponsor a child right through school, that would be really marvelous.

No comments: