Tuesday 3 July 2007

Fitting in a trip to the hairdressers.

Tuesday-3rd July

Olivia:
Hi,

When you have a bar/restaurant, fitting in a trip to the hairdressers, in the morning before you go to work requires a lot of split second planning.

Today, I am trying a new hairdresser in Guadalmina. Renata, a regular customer and friend, keeps on about how great this new hairdresser is and how much cheaper etc. I have to listen to this every day, so I have finally weakened and am going to be disloyal to my regular hairdresser Pepe who is right here a few doors up from my bar and he is superb.

This morning I woke up in a hot and cold sweat, wondering what will happen when Pepe finds out I’ve been playing away on the hairdressing front and on top of all that when I spoke with Renata last night she was starting to drop in a few doubts about this new girl Gema (The hairdressers is called “Silvie”. It’s up stairs in Guadalmina commercial center, right above Supersol).

Actually I went to my Salsa class last night at 7:30 and on the way back I called in to see Renata. My reason for calling in was that her 16-year-old daughter, who had a tumor removed from behind her breasts last year, leaving her with a flat chest, has just been in for cosmetic surgery to re-establish her bust.

Shakira had the op on Saturday and was in great pain on Sunday, but by the time I went to see her on Monday evening, she was out of bed and playing on her PS-2. She is a wonderful girl. A year ago she took lessons and learned belly dancing, without telling her Mum and now earns good money dancing in posh restaurants at the weekends, as well as doing great at school. Shakira is also a very brave girl and I have total respect for her.

So, this morning I went to Mercadona with Graham and got there 5 min before they opened. I flew round and loaded up the trolley to the gunwales, stuffed it all in the jeep, got Graham to drop me off at the hairdressers and then sent him off to take the shopping to the restaurant. I had asked my son Victor to lay out the terrace and unload the jeep, as soon as Graham arrived at the bar, making sure that he put all the bags on top of the inside tables, so that Eli could clean the floor without any obstructions.

Right I’ve just come out of Silvie’s and Gema cut my hair and did my highlights, really quickly. This time factor is important to me, as even an half an hour saved in the morning means an extra 30 min sitting in the sun sipping coffee, before my day in the bar really starts.

I’ve just called Graham, to come and collect me and as I climbed in the jeep, he said. "Your hair looks great; they’ve done a really good job". So a perfect mission completed. I saved a few bob too, so what can I blow that on?

No comments: