Sunday 24 June 2007

Beach Bar "Hermanos Cano" Most Relaxing.

Sunday 24th June

Graham:
Hi,
Today the bar restaurant is closed and we are free as a couple to go whatever we like. We have opened the business on a Sunday in the past and enjoyed very good trade; both in the restaurant and for take away. A lot of people are arriving or leaving the Coast on Sundays, so they come to Graham’s Pizzeria for wholesome, freshly cooked food. That way they can leave their kitchen squeaky clean, ready for the next people due to occupy the apt. or villa.
We really used tom love opening on Sundays, we’d have a great atmosphere for Sunday lunch, which was usually a sell-out, then we’d close for a siesta and reopen at 7:00 pm for the evening trade. At times the restaurant would be working flat-out, as the regulars wanted feeding and then on top of that, there would be all the tourists in transit, starving hungry and impatient to eat.
At the end of a Sunday I would have that lovely sensation that all restaurateurs enjoy after a busy night, the unrivaled sensation of stuffing a big pile of cash into my pockets.

We’ve found that much as we love income, a restaurant must close one day a week, to give everybody a break. This is a chance to go off and do something different and then come back refreshed and ready to tackle another week.

As Graham’s restaurant is situated in a commercial center, we like to be open Mon-Fri, to provide an unbroken service for our regular clients. Saturday we have a street market, virtually right outside the bar, so it makes sense to be open for that and then on Saturday nights we are always busy with the restaurant on the terraces and in addition we have all the teenagers with their pocket- money, who come for take away pizzas and burgers.

Olivia:
Hi,
Well it’s Sunday, the time’s just gone 9:00 am and Graham’s just woken me up with a nice cup of black coffee (My favorite way to wake-up). He’s inched open the curtains for me to check that it’s going to be a nice sunny beach day and yes! It is. Right so it’s up, throw a few things into the washing machine, put on a designer bikini from my sister’s shop in Fuengirola. A tricky choice,
that I could have taken hours over, as I have about 50 bikinis to choose from. Yes! You have guessed it in one; the beach is my thing!
I decide quite quickly on an Ana Silver design. A Day-Glo green skimpy bikini, very, very sexy with a complimentary sarong. The top is almost secondary to the bottom with it’s scandalous diving cut, as soon as I’m installed on the beach with my sun-bed, the top will be discarded and only used when I need to go to the bathroom. For a woman One thing that’s great about living on the Costa del Sol, is that with a classy designer bikini you can go to the beach and your dressed like a star and add to that a good worked on sun tan and you feel like a star.

I’ve finished my glass of fresh sangria brought to me by the waiter from the “Hermanos Cano” restaurant, which is right behind us and I’m off for a dip in the Med. now so see you all in a minute---------

No comments: