Friday 15 June 2007

Breaking in a new cleaning lady.

Hi, welcome to Graham’s Pizzeria blog. Glad you could make it!

This blog, which will be written by Graham and his partner, Olivia, is all about life in and around Graham’s bar restaurant, which is in Centro Comercial Diana, km 169, on the main Coast road from Marbella to Estepona. It’s just past San Pedro, opposite the Marriott complex. We have been running the bar for 20 years and now that one of us has had to retire due to back problems (Graham) , we have decided to put up the lease for sale. There are very few good bar restaurants for sale around the area of West-Marbella and our bar for sale in Spain is a really good opportunity.

Please allow us to introduce ourselves very briefly:

Hi, I’m Olivia. I am Chilean, but came to the Costa del Sol 26 years ago. Initially I made haute couture swim wear for my sister’s designer swim wear shop, which is in Fuengirola. I met Graham 20 years ago we fell in love with each other and we have been running bars and restaurants together, ever since. I am an equal partner in the bar restaurant and also a working manager.

Hi, I’m Graham I am British, my father was Irish, my mother was English and I was born in England. I have lived in Spain since 1986. I am a car designer by profession, have also taught and have owned and worked bars and restaurants since I came to the Costa del Sol. For many years Olivia and I ran businesses together apart from the last few years when I have gone off from time to time to do short term automotive design contracts. I had a back operation about 6 years ago and now I am temporarily retired. When I was working in the bar resaurant, my main function was as barman and PR person for the bar. It was my job to build up and maintain a regular bar trade.

Friday 15th June

Olivia:
Hi,
This morning I don’t need to do any shopping for the restaurant, so Graham and I can spend a relatively peaceful morning together. I’ve got Nancy the cleaning lady in doing the apartment until 1:30pm, so I want to keep Graham out from under her feet as much as possible. Also Graham is a very tolerant person who rarely gets annoyed, but I don’t think he would mind me saying, that he feels very uncomfortable when the cleaner is in the house and much prefers that she comes when he is not there. Pretty much like most men I’ve ever met in that respect I suppose. They don’t like the house dirty and they hate anybody cleaning it. I think they think it just gets clean by magic.

All I have to do this morning is take some important employment papers to the bank to get them processed and then it’s breakfast with Graham, fill up with diesel and buy some Pedigree dog food from Supersol in Guadalmena for our lovable little Yorkie (Sami). I don’t like shopping there, as it is the slowest supermarket on the planet checkout wise. This morning I don't need to do any shopping for the bar restaurant.

Well I drove the Mitsubishi today and parked it on yellow lines 50m from the bank. Graham stayed around the car walking Sami and as I was in the bank for 20 min he sat in the car and did a bit of Sudoku to pass the time. He couldn’t leave the car, as the “grua” would have taken it away “muy pronto”.

OK that job done we headed for the cafeteria bar next to the gas station on the main road. Where we soaked up the sun on the terrace and enjoyed a half an hour of chat together whilst sipping café con leche served in a glass, the Spanish way. I bought a newspaper for the bar and some fresh croissants from the garage, which we sneakily dunked in our coffee. Yum! Yum! It’s a bit naughty, but they know us well there and don’t mind us doing it once in a while.

Wow! Is it 12:30 already. I must dash, time to get back tom the bar restaurant to help Eli finish off prepare food for the lunch time session.

No comments: